Careers at Waltham
Senior Research Manager (Healthcare) job vacancy
Are you an experienced people leader with proven record in leading, developing and delivering a high-quality research program in a field relevant to human or animal health and wellbeing?
We're looking for a senior research manager to join a small team of senior research managers who are collectively responsible to delivering Waltham's research program.
You will be accountable for the delivery of scientific knowledge and intellectual property, as well as ensuring that the research portfolio provides timely, translatable solutions to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Define, manage, and oversee execution of high quality, multi-disciplinary, research spanning pet health and wellbeing science.
- Continually improves the calibre and capability of science through leadership, talent development and recruitment.
- Ensure value from research and that it's made available across Mars Petcare
- Ensure stakeholder needs are met.
- Provides leadership across multi-disciplinary science, focusing on emerging large-scale data-driven approaches; communicates these effectively to engage a range of stakeholders.
- Accountable for budget & resource planning, tracking and management of research.
Senior Project Engineer job vacancy
Are you an experience project leader with an engineering or construction background?
We're looking for a senior project engineer to join the facilities team at Waltham. You'll provide technical project management and leadership of exciting major investment projects across site.
- Accountable for the management and delivery of all engineering capital projects.
- the Industrial Engineer in terms of Capital reporting, planning and control.
- Responsible for the technical and operational integration of all engineering projects
- Accountable for embracing standards of deployment, best practice and tools
- Accountable for Quality Health, Safety, Security, Environmental, Welfare and Engineering standards of projects.
Laboratory Scientist job vacancy - Chemistry
Do you have experience working in a laboratory and carrying out GCMS or LCMS?* If yes, we may have a job for you!
As a Chemistry laboratory scientist, you will be responsible for and carry out a variety of experimental techniques and methodologies to meet the needs of research projects. The data you will produce will contribute to scientific discoveries which will support the creation of new or improved products and services that reach millions of pets across the world through our brands to make a better world for pets.
Find out more and apply here
*Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry
Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry
- Perform methodologies and processes
- Provide input during project discussions
- Drive and contribute to validation, refinement and troubleshooting of methodologies.
- Perform method development and troubleshooting on LCMS or GCMS
- Carry out maintenance of equipment
- Provide training and support to others on methodologies and ways of working.
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Maintain a laboratory notebook
- Drive efficiency and optimal ways of working
- Contribute to reports and publications
- Work in line quality, health, safety and environment requirements.
Data Systems Owner job vacancy
Are you a highly skilled data engineer and data manager?
We’re looking for a Data Systems Owner help us drive more value from our Data Lake and data assets.
You'll help ensure we have excellent data quality and a reliable and well managed data infrastructure.
Find out more and apply here
- create and own multiple Data Lake data assets
- Work with experts, customers, and stakeholders across Mars to ensure the products meet their needs and maximise the value we get from our data assets
- be responsible for the successful delivery of complex systems projects
- manage the key data lake components of our bioinformatics and science data infrastructure
Pet (cat and dog) Unit Specialist job vacancy
Are you a team player, passionate about animal research? Would you enjoy a hands-on role working with cats and dogs? Are you keen to join us in using science to drive our purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
If yes, then we look forward to hearing from you! Our Pet Specialist roles play a key part in delivering our research program and every day, you get to work with our cats and dogs.
- Deliver the tasks for our research studies including collecting data or biological samples from our pets (e.g. faeces or urine).
- Provide care for our dogs and cats through animal husbandry and training, using positive reinforcement.
- Work safely and to a high quality.
Veterinary Nurse Specialist job vacancy
Are you a registered veterinary nurse with experience in general practice? Looking for a job slightly different?
We have an amazing vacancy for vet nurses that want to join us in delivering on our purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS. We offer a stable work pattern, with no night or on call work, and with direct day to day contact with our pets, so you can keep your clinical skills up to date.
Multiple roles available
- Deliver routine and non-routine veterinary care for one or more pet units.
- Triage veterinary and animal health queries.
- deliver routine veterinary related tasks. E.g., weighing animals, adjusting dietary requirements and delivering preventative treatments such as vaccinations.
- Collection of health and research data from our dogs and cats (e.g. bodyweights, oral health assessments).
- Perform animal health checks.
- Identify and act upon continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support cat/dog breeding programmes.
- Deliver veterinary treatments and answer veterinary queries during core hours at weekends.
No role for you just yet?
At Mars, the world we want tomorrow is inclusive and diverse. No matter the visible or invisible differences, we have long been committed to fostering an environment where everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. Read more about our approach to Inclusion and Diversity.
Find out how our associates are living with purpose at home as well as at work here.
Find out more about life at Waltham and see posts about our job vacancies by following our hashtag #CareersAtWaltham on LinkedIn.
Sign Up for Job Alerts
If you’re interested in joining Waltham, but can’t find the right role for you Today, why not join our Talent community, and wait for the perfect role, Tomorrow.
Sign up via this link and receive personalised job vacancy notifications directly. Please note you will receive notifications from jobs vacancies across Mars, not just at Waltham Petcare Science Institute.
What does A Better World For Pets™ mean to us?